1. Company XYZ uses a network address of 192.168.4.0. It uses the mask of 255.255.255.254 to create subnets. What is the maximum number of usable hosts in each subnet?
2. Which statement describes NAT overload or PAT?
Each internal address is dynamically translated to an individual external IP address
A single internal address is always translated is always translated to the same unique external IP address
*Many internal address can be translated to a single IP address using different port assignments
Many internal addresses are statically assigned a single IP adress and port to use for communications
3. Which two statements describes classful IP addresses? (Choose two)
It is possible to determine which class an address belongs to by reading the first bit
*The number of bits used to identify the hosts is fixed by the class of the network
Only class a addresses can be represented by high-order bits 100
*Up to 24 bits can make up the host portion of a Class C address
All subnets in a network are the same size
Thress of the five classes of addresses are reserved for multicasts and experimental use
4. Which IPv4 class provides the highest number of host addresses per network?
5. IPv4 increases the IP address size from 32 bits to how many bits?
6. What is the network broadcast address for a Class C address of 192.168.32.0 with the default subnet mask?
7. What is the range of the first octet in a Class B address?
127 to 191
127 to 192
*128 to 191
128 to 192
8. Which statement accurately describes public IP addresses?
Public addresses can not be used within a private network
*Public IP addresses must be unique across the the entire internet
Public addresses can be duplicated only within a local network
Public IP addresses are only required to be unique within the local network
Network administrators are free to select any public addresses to use for network devices that access the internet
Refer to exhibit Host A is connected to the LAN, but it cannot get access to any resources on the internet. The configuration of the host is shown in the exhibit. What could be the cause of the problem?
The host subnet mask is incorrect
The default gateway is a network address
The default gateway is a broadcast address
*The default gateway is on a different subnet from the host
10. Which option shows the proper notation for an IPv6 address?
11. What are two reasons that NAT was developed? (Choose two)
To preserve registered public IP addresses
To allow users on the public internet to access local networks
*To provide a methos for privately addresses LANs to participate in the internet
To make routing protocols operate more efficiently
*To allow private addresses to be routed on the public internet
To reduce overhead and CPU usage on gateway routers
12. Convert the decimal number 231 into its binary equivalent. Select the correst answer from the list below.
13. Which IPv4 class of addresses provides the most networks?
14. In an 8 bit binary number, what is the total number of combinations of the eight bits?
15. Which port number are used by pAT to create unique global addresses?
255 and below
1023 and below
*1024 and above
64000 and above
16. How many usable hosts are available given a Class C IP address with the default subnet mask?
Refer to the exhibit. Which range of IP addresses would allow hosts that are connected to the Router Fa0/0 interface to access outside networks?
192.168.1.0 through 192.168.1.95
*192.168.1.66 through 192.168.1.94
192.168.1.66 through 192.168.1.96
192.168.1.0 through 192.168.1.127
192.168.1.66 through 192.168.1.128
18. Static NAT works by mapping a specific inside local IP address to what other specific address type?
private IP address
19. What must happen for a privately addressed host on an inside local network to be able to communicate with an outside destination host on the internet?
The host IP address must be translated to an outside private address
The host IP address must be translated to an inside local address
The host IP address must be translated to an outside local address
*The host IP address must be translated to an inside global address
Refer to exhibit. R1 is performing NAT for the 10.1.1.0/24 inside network. HostA has sent a request to the web server. What is the destination IP address of the return packet from the web server?